Saturday, January 14, 2012

LA and Deborah Lippmann

   Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last posted, I apologize. This past week was my last week of winter vacation before my classes start and, unfortunately, it's been very stressful. :(

   Ever been on a vacation that went horribly wrong? This week my boyfriend and I were invited by his mom to go to Disneyland. It was an all expenses paid trip - who could turn that down? It was a lovely gesture, and I felt very lucky to be invited. The only stipulation: we had to drive down in my car.

   I've owned my car for over 3 years now and I've never had any problems with it - ever. Sadly, as my luck would have it, just when we reached LA my car broke down. We just barely made it to our hotel. Short on money, we were very close to being stranded so far from home. Long story short, it turned out that the entire bottom of my engine was fried so my car is currently in LA being fixed while I am in San Francisco...without a car and broke from shelling out $3000 for a new engine.

   I've put together this little outfit guide to cheer myself up. The outfits I chose were centered around four shades of Deborah Lippmann nail polish. I hope that you guys will like it as well. :) How's everybody's January going so far? Hopefully better than mine!


   First Row:

   Nail Polish: Happy Birthday
   Top: Zara Linen T-Shirt
   Watch: Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch
   Shoes: Zara Crepe Wedge

   Second Row:

   Nail Polish: Forget You and Don't Tell Mama
   Top: Zara Printed Top
   Jacket: Zara Neoprene Studio Jacket
   Shoes: Urban Og Crochet Ballet Flats

   Third Row:

   Nail Polish: Brick House
   Dress: Free People New Romantics Wrap Dress
   EarringsUrban Og Leafy Path Earrings
   ShoesUrban Og Buckle Round Toe Wedge

Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Oh man! SOrry to hear that. Sucks your good time was dampened.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

★ JASMINE ★ said...

Ahh! That sucks! :(

Ive always wanted to go to disneyland!

-> BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your car! Lovely inspirations!

LoriLynn said...

I am in loooove with the third outfit especially! Sorry about your car, it seems like when it rains it pours problems but on the plus side, at least it's over and one with and now you can move on! Hope your week gets better! Xo Lori

cassandra said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear that! That's the terrible thing about cars... once you purchase them, you are far from finished paying for them.

I hope you had fun at Disneyland at least!

Deborah Lippman's Happy Birthday nailpolish always cheers me up. You should splurge on it. What's $18 more dollars?

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

As a nail polish addict, I love this post! My favorite is outfit #3. The neutral colors of the clothing, and the pop of red = brilliant!

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

Heather said...

No where to go but up! Hang in there - love the guide you put together :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Such a great post, I like it!!! The outfits are simply fab!

Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

Amber Rose x said...

Aww thats such bad times :( but on the positive side, those outfit combinations are gorgeous! And I love that you based them around nail polishes- so creative!

Am happy to be your newest follower, would love it if you came & joined me at Wonderland too! amberroseC.blogspot.com

xxxxx