Sunday, September 2, 2012

Change Is Good

   It's generally not a good idea to take time off and let your blog collect dust (oops), but a series of events and circumstances have happened to me recently and absorbed most of my time. I'm now attending a new university, I just returned from a camping trip in Yosemite, I'm recovering from some car troubles, and I had to move unexpectedly this summer. With school and work consuming most of my time, I'm going to do my best to engage in the blogging world as regularly as possible. :)

   That said, I made a few changes to my blog. I've decided to focus less on fashion and more on other things that inspire me - art, food and wine, design, making environmentally conscious shopping choices, and the little things here and there that make life exciting. We live in an acquisitive culture, and while I'm all for stocking up on fall booties and gushing over a new pair of earrings, I am also a firm believer in selective shopping and saving more money than I spend. Life extends far beyond material possessions (though browsing through scores of fashion blogs online could certainly convince you otherwise). I want to get back to creativity and the things that I'm truly passionate about and enjoy. After all, what's the point of a lifestyle blog if it's not personal enough?

   On that note, I'd like to share a few things that inspired me this week...


1 & 2. Dean and Deluca's Oats & Honey Pancake Mix + Black Truffle Pesto + Balsamic & Herb Dipping Oil (perfect for entertaining or keeps!) and their Tunisian Spreads Collection ft. a black olive spread, sun-dried garlic spread, an artichoke spread, and garlic cloves blended with olive oil (is anyone else thinking sandwiches?!)

3. Terrain candles: Milk & Honey + Pumpkin. I don't know about you guys but I am so ready for Fall and holiday-scented candles! 

4. Belle Maison's DIY candles (so darn pretty)

5. Cinnaholic's vegan cinnamon buns with custom-flavored frosting and toppings

* I discovered this urban treasure just yesterday and (please pardon my fangirl moment) OH MY GOD, these bad boys are so delicious! They tasted better than any other cinnamon bun I've ever had in my entire life! If you ever find yourself in Berkeley or San Francisco, you would be crazy to not stop by this place. Seriously, Cinnaholic's cinnamon buns need to go on your bucket list. I am officially obsessed.

6. Some gorgeous art by Chipmunk Cheeks on Etsy.

   I'd like to mention that my aunt recently returned from Seattle and generously had me try some garlic truffle salt and basil olive oil from Pike Place Market. I learned a valuable lesson: some things are actually worth indulging a little extra money on - fresh seafood, shade-grown & fair-trade coffee, and quality condiments. I tried both the basil oil and garlic truffle salt, and I was blown away. The flavors were intense, and the oil was so ridiculously fragrant. A little goes a long away, so you definitely get your money's worth. You don't need to get too fancy, but investing in select top-shelf oils and condiments can make all the difference in your culinary endeavors. Doing so, I've learned, can create a rich, multi-dimensional flavor profile that simply wasn't there before.

   I hope you'll enjoy my new take on this blog, and thank you for stopping by! :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Love the fall inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by, I will definitely follow you! Hope you follow back!

www.louiseandcostyle.blogspot.com

christian said...

haha I know right! luckaly the hangover wasn't that bad!
xo



christian

My Dutch Fashion Style

Cashmeremafia said...

great post!!;)
kisses
http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

Alexandra said...

So true, it's important to put the brakes on sometimes and reassess things and ask yourself if you're still being challenged creatively and enjoying the process. Good for you for making the changes necessary to make yourself happy!

Alex xo

http://tovogueobust.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, look forward to your new take on your blog!
xo K
www.lilieslattesandlace.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely post!

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Welcome back to blogging Melody! I think it's great to shift your focus to what inspires you. Afterall you have to be true to what you blog about :) That cinnamon bun sounds heavenly!

Rowena @ rolala loves

Katie Frank said...

These stuff are amazing, I would also like to have these <3 would you like to follow each other?
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes